Commercial vehicle lease

In February 2019 Danske Bank Group took the decision to close down the banking activities in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. Due to this reason we are not entering in new service agreements.

Financial lease

With a financial lease you pay the full price of the vehicle plus interests over the leasing period. When the agreement expires, you become the owner of the vehicle.


Financed amount: €10,000 or more
Interest rate: variable or fixed
Leasing period: up to 5 years
Down payment: 15% or more of purchase price
Age of vehicle at end of rental period: up to 8 years

Operating lease

An operating lease gives you use of a vehicle for an agreed time and you return the vehicle at the end of the leasing period. The vehicle must be in good condition and should only show signs of normal wear at return.


Financed amount: €10,000 or more
Interest rate: variable or fixed
Leasing period: up to 5 years
Down payment: 15% or more of purchase price
Age of vehicle at end of rental period: up to 8 years

More about commercial vehicle lease

  • Insurance

    In order to fully manage your risks you need to sign motor insurance and casco insurance agreements in addition to your lease agreement.

    Motor third party liability insurance is mandatory insurance that compensates damages you have caused to third parties.

    Casco insurance compensates damages not covered by mandatory insurance in case of an accident: traffic accidents, natural disasters, fires, vandalism, robbery, theft. You can add roadside assistance services to your casco insurance agreement to cover other unexpected situations: a broken tyre, problems starting the engine etc. There are various other supplementary insurance covers to choose from.

    The leased vehicle must be insured at a bank-approved insurance provider, while taking into account the insurance criteria.

    IIZI Kindlustusmaakler, our partner, provides you with insurance offers from the following insurance providers:

    • If P&C Insurance
    • BTA Insurance
    • Seesam Insurance
    • Salva Insurance
    • Gjensidige Insurance
    • ERGO Insurance SE
    • Inges Insurance (only Motor third party liability insurance)
    • AB “Lietuvos draudimas” Estonian branch (PZU)
    • Compensa Vienna Insurance Group, UADB Estonian branch

    If you get your insurance through IIZI Kindlustusmaakler we will also offer you the following additional benefits:

    • You can make your monthly casco and mandatory motor insurance payments with your lease payments. No VAT added to your insurance payments.
    • IIZI Kindlustusmaakler will let you conveniently renew your insurance policies during the leasing period.
    • In case of a loss event you can get help from IIZI Kindlustusmaakler at 16660.

  • Vehicle use autorisation

    In addition to insurance you will also need authorisation to use the vehicle in order to avoid complications in traffic, when crossing borders and handling accidents. Please fill in the authorisation request and send it to to receive your authorisation document. Find out more by calling us at 6 800 800 (Mon-Fri 8:30-17:30).

    Vehicle use authorisation requirements

    • Estonia: you do not need authorisation to use your vehicle. If the person using the vehicle is not listed on the registration certificate, they need to carry the registration certificate with them when using the vehicle.
    • European Union: always carry the registration certificate with you. An authorisation is recommended if the driver is not listed on the registration certificate. You may be asked for an authorisation document along with vehicle documentation at border crossing in the Republic of Estonia and the European Union, but also in the case of traffic accidents and insurance cases.
    • Outside the EU and CIS countries (Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia) you need a certified authorisation even if the driver is listed on the registration certificate as the main user or user of the vehicle. You also need the registration certificate and the Green Card. You will need to purchase additional coverage for the area (country) you are visiting in addition to your casco insurance.

    Authorisation will be granted if the purchased insurance is valid on the territories of the countries to be visited.

    The need for additional insurance protection in the European Union and in other countries will depend on the terms and conditions of the motor and casco insurance policies of the vehicle. It is always recommended to have the Green Card with you when driving abroad.

    For additional insurance coverage contact IIZI Kindlustusmaakler at 666 0300 or by e-mail at

  • Partners

You might also like