Initiate the payment
- Regardless of the type, is it a domestic payment or EU payment, they are equally easy to initiate through Danske eBank menu item ‘Payment’.
- Use IBAN number to initiate the payment. IBAN is used for all accounts in Europe and it starts with a two-letter state specifier and contains the bank code, beneficiary’s account number and check digit.
Payment Order in Euros
How long does it take to transfer money?
- Intra-bank payments and payments between Danske Bank accounts in Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia are instant. The payment order is processed immediately, any calendar day including non-business days.
- Payments to the another bank will be executed as follows:
- If the bank accepts payment order before 4:30 p.m. - on the same banking day.
- If the bank accepts payment order after 4:30 p.m. also if the payment is made on a non-banking day - on the next banking day.
- Urgent payment in EUR to banks registered in Estonia that is accepted by the bank before 5 p.m., are transferred immediately and the payment amount should be visible on the payee's account in another bank no later than after 30 minutes.
In principle, bank cannot take responsibility for payees’ banks but in accordance to the law the payees’ banks must credit payee’s account immediately after the bank`s receipt of the payment order.
Countries where outgoing EU payments can be made
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Revocation of payments
A customer may submit a request to revoke EUR payment after it has been submitted to the bank. The application of payment revocation can be fill in via eBank. There should be mentioned the details of the initial payment order.
- If the amount of a payment transaction has not been debited from the payer’s account (in case payment is initiated via eBank and you have chosen “wait for fumds” option) – you can revoke payment order in eBank by yourselves.
- If the amount of a payment transaction has not been transferred to the payee’s bank – Danske Bank will re-credit the payment amount to the payer’s account .
- If the amount of a payment transaction has already been transferred to the payee’s bank – Danske Bank is able only to recall the payment and will return the payment amount to the payer only after the payment is returned and refunded to the bank.
Fees for processing of the payment order will not be reimbursed. Service fee for revocation will be debited from payer’s account in accordance to the Price List regardless of whether the bank was successful or not in returning the payment amount to the customer.
You might also like
Foreign Payment Orders
Payments in foreign currency in favour of payee’s account whose account is abroad or whose account is opened in other banks registered in Lithuania.
Standing order is an application to the bank to perform respective payments regularly. You can instruct a bank to initiate either domestic payments or cross-border payments under the standing order agreement.
E-invoice is an electronic document that a seller or service provider delivers to the customer via the bank for the provided utilities, internet, telecommunications and other services or products.